Monday, August 28, 2006

Ernesto

Sorry its been a while since I have posted but a lot is going on. Hurricane or Tropical Storm right now Ernesto is coming, hopefully giving me a day or two to sleep in and not go to work. But I will still be working from home.

Today we finally completed the Training Camp Guide. It was a tedious process, but its finally down. Now Im focusing on the Media Guide and the gameday program. I have to write some more player bios for the media guide as they are much more extensive in the media guide then they are in the training camp guide. For the game program or "Growl" as we call it, I have to write a feature story on our captains. I have to help design the thing and I am in charge of getting all the other stories from the people who are writing stories.

This past weekend we had two events, a Cats Cookout on Saturday and a Hockey House Call on Sunday. Both were events to promote ticket sales, but I had to go because players and coaches were there to sign autographs. I am basically a bouncer for the players if you can believe that.

One week from Wednesday our Rookie Camp starts in Toronto. I have to put together bios for our coach of all the rookies attending camp. I am not going, but my boss is. I have to complete the media guide so I will stay at home. Also next Wednesday we are filming all the jumbotron greetings for each player. I have to coordinate the player arrivals at this event and make sure it runs smoothly for the video people. It should be fun.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

On a different note, it looks like I might get the Phillies right with my Wild Card prediction from April. The Phillies are making all the right moves and are getting extremely hot at the right time. It also appears my bold predictions of the Red Sox winning the division will not come true. Oh well. The Angels too have a tough road ahead of them, but I think they can pull it off.

I had 4 fantasy drafts the past 3 days and I think I did ok in each. I love fantasy football. It is the best of all fantasy games because its one game a week so you dont have to check it everyday like I do with baseball fantasy. My draft with my boys from Pitt lasted 45 minutes. Fastest and best draft ever. We were all prepared and kept picking at a record pace.

Well, now its back to Hurricane preparations. Im heading the Pittsburgh Friday for the Pitt/UVa game. I'm write back in a few days.

No comments: