Monday, July 10, 2006

First Full Week

As my first full week begins, I completed writting the press release that will announce our schedule for the 2006-07 season. I am pleased with myself because I had to come up with tricky little ways to describe some of our home games, and I am particuraly proud of what I called "Scare-dy Cats" because we play at home on Friday the 13th of October and also on Halloween. Ohh I am soooo good..........haha

But I also began furiously working on the pre-season Media Guide and the actual Media Guide for the season. I made a lot of progress updating all the information on the teams we play this year. Lots of coaches, GM's and even Owners changed this year. I also put in some player profiles of some of the new guys on our team, like Rusland Salei.

Sunday I went to a Cats House Party at one of our Season Ticket Holders houses. We had moon bounces, deck hockey, and some fun games and food. Mike Van Ryan was there signing autographs a few weeks before he is going to get married. I brought my mom, she enjoyed it and everyone seemed to have a good time.

I have to put this in too. Eight of us, baseball fans, in the office put $10 each in a pool and we each chose a player in tonight's Home Run Derby. I got the #2 pick and I chose David Ortiz. I think Ryan Howard will win, but how can anyone pass on the most clutch, prolific home run hitter (besides Pujols) in the Derby. So Let's Go Papi!!!

Lastly, I am very excited for the next 3 days. Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alex Auld, the 3 guys we got in the trade for Luongo, are coming to South Florida for the first time. They are going through sooo much in 3 days. We have photo shoots to go through because we need pictures of them in Panther jerseys. They are going to our Summer Camps to sign autographs and teach some things. They are also attending our Cats Cookout in the BankAtlantic Center Parking Lot. They are going to help cook burgers, take pictures, sign autographs and just be visible so people down here can finally meet them.

And most importantly, I am sitting down with Todd Bertuzzi Thursday afternoon for a 1on1 interview before the media get a hold of him, so I can write a nice Q&A story on Todd. I'm very excited for that.

No comments: