Monday, May 31, 2010

Ms. Fitness

I don't really think people understand how hard it is to compete in a Fitness or Bodybuilding competition. What those men and women put themselves through for a couple months especially the week leading up to the competition is more intense then any professional athlete out there. My friend Caresse decided a few months ago to enter a fitness competition. She only had about 3 months to prepare, which is not a lot of time at all. She worked real hard at the gym which is where I met her. I watched her workout daily and we began to talk. Because of her true interest in fitness, lifting weight, diet and supplementation, we became friend discussing her routines daily.

Let me just say that there isn't anything Caresse won't try and she is extremely hard working and gave 100% working towards this competition. I am extremely excited to report that she sent me a txt message today to report she placed 1st this weekend at the Kumite Classic at the Monroeville Convention Center.

While I wasn't able to attend the competition in person, I was able to get a sneak peak at Caresse's moves a day before the competition. Check out the video. I apologize for how dark it is but when she hits the light, what you see is a culmination of 3 months of extremely hard work.

The best part is, this was her first ever competition.

No comments: