Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Relaxing Weekend of Exercising

I know that the word 'relaxing' to everyone means laying low, maybe sitting on the couch watching TV with some good food.

To me, relaxing means doing what I did this weekend. Friday late afternoon I went for a 3-mile run. It doesn't get any better then running on Grandview Avenue in Mt. Washington which overlooks the skyline of Pittsburgh.

Saturday consisted of my ice hockey game in which I had a goal and two assists (we lost 5-3 though). There is absolutely no workout like playing ice hockey. I was physically drained after the game, but I felt great. That afternoon I spent 'relaxing' at the pool, but I went on a few waterslides, which can be quite a workout in itself.

Sunday I played tennis against my buddy DJ. He kicked my ass 6-0, 6-1, but the lateral movements in tennis and the constant running was a demanding workout and a great way to start my Sunday. Then it was back to Sandcastle for a few more slides. Let me tell you, jumping over the waves in the wave pool can be an intense workout.

Now that's a great 'relaxing' weekend full of fitness. More people should get out and exercise on the weekend. Take a day or two off of lifting weights and just go out and do something that challenges your body and your lung capacity.

It's Sunday night and I feel completely refreshed now and ready to start my resistance training again tomorrow.

No comments: